It is almost spring and if you are planning a short holiday, then Jordan should be on the top of your list!
– Are you looking for the best diving experience in the world? well, go to Aqaba – with the Red sea you can’t go wrong.
– Have you ever thought what is living on the moon or the red planet feels like? visit the Valley of the Moon, believe me it an otherworldly experience. Two planets in one.
– Interested in hiking? why not trying a trek rated among the 15 best treks in the world by National Geographic? Walking across southern Jordan to Petra ( one of the 7 wonders of the world).
– The Dead Sea is the lowest point on earth, I don’t think I have to explain more.
– If you drive from the lowest point on earth, 413 meters below sea level, up to Ajloun 1200 metres above sea level, to feel the cool temperatures and the fresh air. You might Hike one of the trails past oak and pistachio trees, camp in grassy clearings, and, if you’re lucky, spot some of the region’s roe deer. don’t forget to visit the Castle that was built in the 12th Century.
– To the North is Jerash as well, one of the best preserved Roman cities, it is where you go back in time.
– Driving back to visit As-Salt City, that was built by the Macedonian army during the reign of Alexander the Great, its the city that has the largest number of buildings from the Ottoman era in Jordan, its full of narrow alleys, stepped passages.
The city has witnessed many a golden age making it unique in Jordan and beyond thats why the City got inscribed on the world heritage list of UNESCO few months ago. First, it was Petra then Wadi Rum, Quseir Amra, Um El Rassas, The Baptism Site, and lately the town of As-Salt.
The list goes on and on, and nothing beats a firsthand experience
- Defying Gravity: Jordan’s Most Adrenaline-Fueled Activities for Adventure Junkies - September 25, 2023
- Tantalize Your Taste Buds: Jordanian Cuisine Brings Warmth and Spice to the Table - September 25, 2023
- Discovering the Forgotten Jewel: Shobak Castle’s Role in Jordanian History - September 25, 2023